Thursday, August 6, 2009

Priority Quilt

I've been working on an idea for a Priority Quilt for the AAQI and it involves heavily thread painting a picture I took of a rose in my garden. I love the way it's turning out, but I forgot about the shrinkage when you thread paint and so it distorted the borders a bit. I've gotten them sort of square again, but I'm not sure how this one is going to turn out. Luckily, it's a practice piece - I wanted to try it out before I tackled the "real" PQ.



I've added a stabilizer to the "real" one, hopefully that will help keep it from shrinking as much as this one but I really like the way it came out.

1 comment: