Thursday, March 8, 2012

This Was Almost A Priority Quilt . . .

But it got just a little too big and I didn't have the heart to chop off the borders. It measures 13" x 11 inches, and the absolute maximum size for a Priority: Alzheimer's Quilt for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative is 12" x 9". Since it's my mother-in-laws birthday tomorrow, I'm just going to finish this up and send it off to Arkansas where spring is already underway. I hope she likes it!

I should tell you that the embroidered center of this quilt was a vintage dresser scarf that I purchased along the way for "peanuts" and have re-purposed here, and the teeny, tiny yellow piping is a piece of my hand dyed fabric. Wowza!

Guess I need to start another quilt for AAQI!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty, Beth - I love the caveman borders, and the fabrics you used to frame the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete