Saturday, December 3, 2011

Another Addition to My PQ Collection!


This is the second quilt that I purchased in Houston at the International Quilt Festival this year.  It was made by Ellen White of St. Augustine, FL and the artist statement reads:  "I bought the hand dyed, fused fabric shapes from Frieda Anderson some time ago.  As I was looking for something to inspire me to make my quilt this month, the cut-out circles reminded me of all the lost items and memories that disappeared as Alzheimer's took over my Mom's brain."  Ellen lost her mom 5 years ago.  I lost my dad nearly a year ago (it doesn't seem possible that it's been that long already!) and like Ellen, I miss him every day.

This quilt kept poking me from across the room.  Not in a literal sense, but every time I looked up from the check out table it caught my eye.  I decided to let fate have her way and since it was still there at the end of the day I decided it was meant to come home with me.  Thanks Ellen, for making this quilt for AAQI -  I just love all the bright colors and the fun way you used Frieda's fabrics!

If you are so moved and would like to make a quilt for us, all the instructions can be found here: How to make a Priority Quilt 


2 comments:

  1. That is a fun quilt and I'm not surprised that you'd be drawn to Frieda's hand dyes ;) A darling quilt and smart purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the whimsy of this quilt! I know you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete